Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Mission In Possible


Hi Folks

Normal service has now been resumed (for now) and im parked up at the Hook in Fargo North Dakota as my near on impossible delivery time has been put back to Wednesday morning, at least i think it has been put back, i didnt have an origional time but had to be in Chicago by tomorrow, no mean feat when you consider that i only left Lethbridge yesterday afternoon.

Anyway i got a bit of time on my hands this evening so its a cue for a bit of bloggery. These last few weeks i have not done as many miles as i usually do, dont forget we had Claire & Andy over, then we moved house then we had to do the medicals, so now i will be pushing the envelope so to speak.

Okay lets tell you a bit about this trip, first of all i was going to Napoleon in Ohio but i believe the load was late coming out of the factory so i was switched to Summit in Chicago, to be honest its all the same to me and its practically the same route i think, i never looked.

So Jan and I were in Walmart buying cowboy hats and garden sprinklers (no connection) and i thought had better phone in to see if my trailer was due in. No it wasnt but Lorna (my dispatcher) wanted to know where i was. I told her i was in the ladies clothes section in Walmart and she thought that was hilarious. I quickly pointed out that YES Jan was with me, and NO i wasnt trying anything on.

So after our little shopping spree we went over to H&R and i went up stairs to get my keys and say hello to Lorna and Co. After re-explaining (to now all the weekend dispatch team) that No i wasnt shopping for myself, NO i didnt try anything on and No i couldnt find anything to suit me, i finally managed to get my paperweork, bid my farewells and sauntered off to 2148 to go and earn some money.

Up till now its been pretty unaventful apart from Jan telling me the 42" TV has commited suicide. Jan spent most of the day phoning Costco (thats who we bought it from) explaining that we bought it 11 months ago and we didnt keep the reciept so we didnt have proof of purchase.

The guy at the other end of the phone punched a few keys and told us the excact time and date we bought it.

He told Jan to take it back and get a refund, which she did, and bought another one, its excactly the same but now the warranty starts again, big thumbs up to Costco.

Now i used to be a General Store Manager at a company called Tempo back in UK, i used to sell TV's amongst other stuff and i tell you what, that is 100 times better customer service than i was able to offer. I can say that because Tempo have since gone bust, wow that is a story and a half, i will tell you all someday if anyone is interested.

Well thats about it, heres a pic of Jan in her new cowgirl hat ready for the Raymond Stampede, this was why we were in Walmart..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment