Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back into the routine






Okay time to get back onto topic........................

We got back from UK, i had 2 days at home and it was back to the truck. It seemed like a decent run with one drop in Alma Kansas and another in Amarillo Texas. On the morning Jan and I loaded the truck up and I started the pre-trip while Jan set up the computer, unfortunately we didnt switch it on so it just sat on the bunk.

Eric was slip seating 2148 while i was away and i had asked him to leave it connected up till i got there. I said my goodbyes to Jan, spun round to the scale then headed south. When i got to the border there was a queue so i jumped in the back and switched the computer on.

To my horror it wouldnt boot up and i hadnt got my discs with me, it was too late to get Jan to drop the discs off so that was it, a week without the computer. It wouldnt be so bad but i use the computer for everything, my mapping, recap, internet and loads of other stuff.

Apart from the laptop incident, the first pat of the journey was unaventful tilli got almost to Billings. As i was trundling down the road a flock of pidgeons flew right across my path and i must have hit 6 or 7, it was a complete masacre and a s i looked in the mirror at the carnage behind me, it looked as though i had just driven thru a feathery cloud...............

The coyoties must have eaten well that night......................

A day and a half later i made my delivery into Alma then headed West thru Oklahoma to deliver into Texas. I saw a weird water tower on the way across (oh yes and a huge cross)

The Amarillo delivery was pretty quick, it was just a small company, then the computer beeped and sent me south for a backload. Great i thought, grab the load, head north and get this computer sorted.

This was not to be, my load was destined for Montreal in Quebec so my run turned into a 2 weeker. Anyway i was loaded within 6 hours and on my merry way up to Sarnia, i put a picture of the bridge up. I was 3 days early on the load so the trailer was dropped in the Montreal yard and i grabbed some lunch while i waited for a load to Mississauga where my Alberta bound load was waiting for me.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment