Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Racing back to Lethbridge






Well my load from Montreal was destined for Vancouver but i was only taking it back to Calgary then hopefully a quick trip down to Lethbridge for a couple of days off then its back out again.

I arrived in the French Canadian city about midday and went straight to the customer's warehouse where i was unloaded fairly promptly. Then i battled for about 45 minutes through the Montreal traffic to the H&R yard only to be told that there was no room for it. I made a quick call to H&R and was told to drop it at another holding yard about a mile away and at the same time got my next job, see paragraph above for details..................

The only trouble was the trailer was still on the other side of the city, i could either wait for a city driver to drop it or i could go get it myself. Well you can guess what i decided and after dropping the origional empty, i was away.

The trailer was already to go so it was just a case of checking it over, getting under it and heading East (oops sorry i meant West).
I didnt get too far that night and pulled in about Ottawa and pulled the curtains for the night. You see the problem was the weekly cycle again, i had only got 11 and a half hours work left each day so i had to plan my stops a bit more carefully.

The next 3 days were pretty unaventful, 90 km per hour thru Ontario then a bit faster the rest of the way. Didnt really see anyone or see anything interesting apart from one exellent supper i had and if remember correctly it was in Cochrane. I wasnt too hungry but i did need something sweet so i went for a bacon and cheese chowder followed by blueberry and cherry pie, all washed down with hot chocolate, cant remember if i mentioned this before but hot chocolate is like chloroform to me, give it about 10 minutes and im in bobo land..............

I got back into Calgary and my next job was waiting for me, running dead-head straight into Lethbridge, that will do nicely thank you. I do have to say that my dispatchers have done an excellent bit of dispaching on this trip, i had my next load instructions even before i was empty all the way round, so if any of you are reading this, thanks again.

Before i got back into Lethbridge i was told that i was doing another mentor trip, this time with a lad who most of you will have written to or read about. Mike Nash (English Mike on the forums) is now over here and part of the Big Red Team, its great to team up with people who you have been talking to for a while, im sure it will be a great trip.

Looks like we will be heading East into Beer City (look it up) and from there who knows, Mike has a blog of his own which you might want to take a look at, its called


Either click on the above link or find the link in my sidebar.

I gave Mike a quick call when i left calgary just to make sure everything was okay. He was in the Sandman so i thought it would be nice to invite him down for Sunday lunch and we could chat in a more relaxed surroundings.

Everything went great till the next morning he keeled over............

Oops i think we poisoned him 8-)

Anyway i know hes okay now coz we just got off the phone and it looks like were hitting the road tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment