Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Last run before Christmas (Definitely)

Okay i was in Calgary and on a wind down for the holiday. I had just been on the phone to Jan saying it would be funny if they tried to send me to Vancouver just before the holiday........

Then my sattelite beeped and a job came for me.

Take a trailer from cargills in High River and deliver it to Chilliwack
(100
kms from Vancouver)
Well i thought it was a mistake at first, but no, they actually wanted me to go over the mountains, three days before my christmas holiday.........................................

After a bit of a concerned phone call to my dispatcher, he was adamant i was going and assured me that the roads were good, the weather was good.......................

I wasnt convinced !

Anyway i thought if i could get down to Cargills that night then at least i would have a head start so i phoned dispatch. The night dispatcher who answered told me they were very busy and to call back in 2 hours.

He wanted me to sit there (unpaid) till they had time to help me.

I pondered this for about 2 and a half seconds and thought "Screw you" and went to bed.........

No comments:

Post a Comment