Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Blueberry pancakes for breakfast

Dust road coming out of Broadus


Wind turbine prop (now thats a long load)


Breakfast at the Cashway Cafe (Broadus)


Biking vacation (note the welsh flag)


Coming thru Washington State


Waterloo got it's cow meat in a timely fashion and Lyndon buggered off round to the Flying J for a shower and breakfast, after sending a macro that there were empty trailers for the picking round at the plant. Well swiped my card for my free shower and had to join the line, there were 4 people in front of me. Not a problem for a grubby little Cascadian, just had to modify the diary a bit.

Breakfast at 07:00 and shower at 07:30, then hold all calls till 08:00…………………

So after I was scrubbed, fed and watered I sauntered back over to 2148 and clicked for an internet connection, then the Qualcomm beeped and my next job came thru, as you know Ottumwa to Vancouver.

I set off south, picked up the load then got as far north as I could which was Sioux Falls where I took on diesel, pulled the curtains and pushed out some zzzzzzz.

Next morning I went in to Grandma's restaurant for a spot of breakfast and I have to say it is the best breakfast I have had on the road. I didn’t order anything special but it was cooked perfectly, the service was pleasant, the coffee was great and it was just enough to fill me up. For those interested in my dietary intake I had, 2 eggs (sunny as per normal) bacon, sour dough toast and 3 large pancakes topped with blueberries and cream, washed down with about 3 cups of coffee, yum.

After that little lot I threw my belly into a wheelbarrow and went back over to the truck. Pointing the beast west and blasting off along the I-90. I made a brief stop at Rapid City for more diesel then a cross country dash ending up at a little place called Broadus for the night. I couldn’t get on to the normal rest area so I pulled into the town and parked up outside the town diner (how convenient)

Breakfast was the usual fare of 2 eggs (sunny of course) bacon, white toast and 3 pancakes with maple syrup. That dear readers was yesterday, and with a tummy full of bacon eggs and pancakes, our intrepid Cascadian Ranger pressed on west, next destination was a little mountain town called Wallace. Not much there I am afraid, just a mountain, some houses, a big pile of earth (might have been another mountain actually) and a truck stop. I pulled in and armed with my coffee can I headed into the shop to use the facilities, recharge my caffeine system and find something tasty to eat.

Oh dear, guess what caught my eye…………………………..

Butterscotch cream pie, and it was huge……………………….

I tried to walk away but it was no good, so that was supper.

This morning I awoke and strangely didn’t feel hungry, so the coffee can got filled and I was on my merry way. I've got just enough hours to get me out of the States then I got 2 days to get to Lethbridge for a 2 day gardening break.

I was doing fine, blasting up mountains, and flying down dales, the mighty Detroit Diesel was pushing me along at a rapid rate of knots and things were looking good (bear in mind it’s the 13th today)

Then disaster struck, there was a huge bang, the trailer took a lurch to one side and one of my trailer tires spread its self over 2 lanes of the highway.

Shit, damn and blast………………………………

Well I am now sat on the shoulder waiting for the tire fitter to turn up, I should still make it to the border okay tonight so all is not lost, I reckon he should be another half an hour.

Well that’s my story up to date so far, speak to ya all soon………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment