Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Not a good day today

Cool Dude (not) i got my hat inside out
but i didnt get the desired effect !
I call it the Tommy Cooper effect.
And how did i do it ??????
Just like that haha.

Welcome to California, now slow down !


Look its a Sea plane


Why did i take this one, it must be another hat thing.

I didnt have a good day today and i really dont know why, i am in a fantastic part of the world, beautiful scenery and one big long straight road right down into Los Angeles, but for some reason i felt tired, lethargic and a little fed up.

I think it all started with no breakfast and just went down hill from there. i managed to do 510 kms and just had to finish for the day, i think it may have been coz there is no pressure on, i dont have to be n LA till Thurs morning, im not used to having it this easy.

I have pulled in at Corning and just thought "Sod It", oh just would like to point out to my Canadian and American friends that "Sod it" doesnt mean cover it in grass, it means "bugger it" or "Screw it" or "To hell with it".

Okay i think we all get the picture, so i pulls on to the pumps, diesels her up, slipped with the nozzle and gave myself a nice dieselly face wash. Oh how i laughed...............

Anyway that completely hacked me off so i parked up and went round to the truckers lounge to wash up.

Now for my next surprise, as i walked round the corner collided with someone coming the other way. Now the thing about walking thru a truckers lounge is you dont tend to be looking down so when a 3 foot little munchkin (completely out of parental control and very hyper)comes running round the corner in the opposite direction you dont tend to notice until you get headbutted full pelt in the nuts.

The mother who was sitting watching the TV absent mindely tells the child not to get in the "Gentleman's" way.

I tell you now folks, if only i could have just got my breath back in time she would have had verbal proof that i was no gentleman, as it was, all i could manage was a weak painful smile and the typical pathetic english response of "Oh shes okay".

Well thats my day, im going to drive down to Lebec tomorrow and the following morning (crack of sparrow's) i go into El Monte Los Angeles to make my delivery, lets hope i feel a bit better after a good night's sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Looking at your blog and that"hat inside out picture" i realised we have 3 things in comon

    1-we both have tatoos on the forearm

    2-we both served in Kuwait

    3-we both dont mind looking like fools(that's a good thing by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ... Thanks Lyndon.. I hate to laugh at your misery, but I could not help myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephane

    good to see your blog is all mended, i have quite alot of out takes of me in various hats, ive never really been a hat person but since i have been over here i have aquired about half a dozen caps and of course the Shangtung. Im now looking for one of those big belt buckles, the ones that set airport alarms off.
    I think im turning into a redneck, i even get cravings for spam and mayonaise sandwiches.....

    Lyndon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terry

    Yep but the good news is, thats about as bad as it gets, and diesel actually taste that bad considering it was the "no name" brand, a bit like Flying J coffee when you forget to put the sugar in.

    Lyndon

    ReplyDelete