Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Violent Britain


We have now been in Canada for almost a year but i have to admit we still pick up on the bits of news from back in UK. Only last week there have been fresh stab victims, apparently one in West Bromwich, not a stones throw from where i was bought up.

I know i live on the other side of the world now but it still does concern me, dont forget i've still got family over there, Claire & family, Colin & family, my mum & dad, my cousins and of course Jan's family.

The news and media does seem to dramatise the news but this is appalling.

What seems to be the problem ???

I think its a culmination of too many people on a small rock and a complete lack of tolerance.

Gangs of kids hanging around the Off Licence (Liquor Store) after dark, or rampaging up and down the Mall on a Saturday afternoon.

Little yobs (hoodies) terrorising shop owners and staff, abusing and stealing.

I never realised what a rough place Britain was till i left.

If you look back through recent history its pretty scary stuff, gangs of rockers, mods and skin heads fighting at holiday resorts, the punk era, attacks on seniors. Our Football Hooligans are internationally (in)famous, and not just at home..............

"Happy Slapping" where on earth did that come from, where in the civilised world would pre-teenage kids come up with the idea of beating up other children and filming it for entertainment on camera phones which cost their parents hundreds of pounds.

There is nothing Great about Britain anymore and there is definitely nothing United about the Kingdom.


7 comments:

  1. My missus and another female colleague were attacked in our city centre the other week at the travel agency shop where she works.

    They pressed the panic button which is directly connected to the Police, so they were quick to respond ...NOT.

    It took 15 mins for them to saunter down the street.

    She has her fingers crossed for the August interview with S.W. and can't wait to leave broken Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my fingers crossed for ya too. Make sure you let me know how it goes.

    Hopefully i will be able to invite you both round for a barbie before the cooler weather...........

    Lyndon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is awful, i used to look after older people that were beaten and thats not the best picture to look at sorry just thought i'd let you know. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa

    That is a Characature of a person who has been out drinking, fighting and causing trouble. Look carefully and you will see that they are doing part of a police or prison processing identiity photo session. This person has been arrested.

    This person could be constued as the head (or chief representitive) of the country i am talking about which means i believe they should be ultimately responsible for the population of that country, i mean generally speaking not idividually.

    It is merely a strong satirical image to highlight the severity of the social attitudes on that tiny rock.

    You know my writing style Lisa, i endeavour to put my point across in the strongest way.

    I do know you have done some great work in the past with seniors but please see this for what it is....

    Lyndon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi mate now you can see why I am coming over to make a new life for me and my family its just a shame I have to leave them behind for a year but my daughter is in her last year at school and I want to find the right area for us to buy a house I have seen a couple we like all within 20-60 mins of the lethbridge yard so as soon as I get a reply from the embassy I will be on the next plane over hopefully at the end of the month

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mike

    Yes I can see it, and a have done for a few years now.

    Look forward to seeing ya, dont worry the year will fly by.

    Lyndon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the barbie offer Lyndon, I hope it will come to pass.

    ReplyDelete