Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Going there and back again ???

Okay where were we, oh yes, cow meat into housing estate, big truckstop, personalised hat and Waterloo.

Okay, oh by the way did i mention im getting addicted to ABBA, theres a new ABBA channel on sirrius and i am sad enough to listen to it. Actually i am so sad i listen to it all the time.
So i would just like to say "Thank you for the music, the song Im singing........................."

Oh yes and my hat, no one has pointed to it yet and asked me what "Lyndons Trucking Life" is yet but I live in Hope. Oops sorry i meant "hope" not Hope in British Columbia, dont worry i am still in Raymond................... hang on, when i say i am in Raymond, i mean i live in a town called Raymond not.................. sheesh, just forget it and i will bring you all up to date, and when i say date i dont mean as in a date, i mean bring you upto speed, not that i condone speeding, remember be safe out there, im not saying you would be dangerous or anything if i didnt say @be safe@...........................................

Aagh, ive changed my keyboard from british to North American and my """ keep coming out as @@@, and i cant find the pound (money) key. This is my latest effort to integrate into the @North American@ (aagh done it again)way of life.

So back to the story, I got to Waterloo and dropped my trailer, 52 hours later they managed to load it, find the paperwork and sign it. I am so glad H&R pay layover pay.

The funny thing was, after taking so long they still got it wrong, the security guard (i use that term very loosely) asked me why i was checking the paperwork, i told him to make sure it was correct, he told me they do this day in and day out so it is always correct.

I told him there was no PARS sticker on it and he replied "oh", i explained that is perhaps one of the most mportant things to which he replied "apart from that its okay though isnt it"

At this point i had to smile coz someone said "I love your Australian accent", usually i correct people when they say that but i hadnt got the heart to disapoint her so i just smiled and replied "Thanks sport" and made my way back to my truck.

I then spun round to the Flying J to fuel up......................................
Then spun round to the Road Ranger as we were using them today (oops) fuelled up and headed west.

I managed to stop off in Sioux Falls for blueberry pancakes and eventually got here to Rapid City where i have just indulged in a lovely Hook buffet and as soon as i have written this it is time push out a few zzzzzzzzzzz as i want to get as far along the road as i can tomorrow.

I already know what my next job is, am bouncing in and out of Vancouver and back down here to Utah with some delicious waffles, then hopefully back to Alberta as i really need some down time.

I was trying to think of an apt picture to go with this post but i couldnt think of one, heres an idea, choose your favorite photograph and stick it with selotape to your screen before you read it.

Hang on a minute, doesnt selotape mean something else over here, in UK it is a plasticy stuff that gets sticky..................................

Hold that thought everybody i need to do some googling....................................

AFTER EDIT:

Its okay i think we are safe, i remember reading some where that it was some sort of condom, actually i guess you could use it as a condom but I bet it is quicker to put on than take off.....

Actually it must be like a plaster, the faster you rip it off (notice i didnt say pull it off 8~) ) the less it hurts, not sure i would want to research that one and i certainly wouldnt film it.

Oh before i go i read this and had to laugh....................

In Wiki Answers

Question: Who invented sellotape?


Answer: I think it was Richard Drew

Haha, you freaking "THINK" what sort of answer is that, if you arnt sure then dont post anything, actually I "THINK" it was Sir Isaac Newton, he used it to stick the apple on that poor blokes head while he shot him with the cross bow or something, but i would never write it on the internet in case it was wrong.............

oh bugger, i just wrote it on the internet...........................

1 comment: