Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Farewell old Girl



She served me well, we did 170,000 Kms together and covered a fair old chunk of Canada and America, we drove through baking deserts and freezing blizzards.

But now dear readers, this particular chapter of Lyndon's Trucking Life draws to a close. 3045 and I have different roads to travel and different adventures to enjoy, now is the time we part company.

Im glad that our last trip together included Luke and im glad it was as far south as we could go, it was a great trip and i will treasure the fond memories of my first Highway Truck.

After moving all my kit out and giving her a last scrub out, i left her parked up at the H&R yard in Calgary. I hope her new owner treats her well and has as much fun as i did exploring this great continent with her.

My new truck is a brand new Freightliner Cascadia, 38 kms on the clock when i took her over and all sparkley and shiney.

The weather as horrendous while i was moving my stuff across so there arent many pics at the moment but you can rest assured that there will be quite a few shortly.

So wishing 3045 many more happy miles with who ever will be driving her.

Safe journeys pet !

See you out on the Interstates.....................................

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous, I have to drive my Columbia for 3.5 more years. I got it new out of the box and we have them ona 5 year lease. What kind of apu does it have, curious since I don't think California has aproved any of the diesel powered ones yet for the 2007 and newer engines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim

    Its got a Tripak, it looks the same as 3045's although i havent gone thru the book yet.

    the inside of the cab is quite different though, the clocks take a bit of getting used to.

    She drives like a European truck and has a little less "feel" of the road than 3045.

    Looks like i can get about 3 mph more but i havent worked out ow thats going to affect my paycheck yet LOL

    Lyndon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! new truck already Lyndon - H&R love you haha

    I read about these trucks recently, and what drivers thought of them. They seem to get the thumbs up anyway!

    Goodbye 3045 =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Curt

    Im a loveable kinda guy !!!

    ReplyDelete