Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Vancouver then Chicago






Just got my next job come thru and is collecting on Friday to go to Chicago, thats not too good as its only Monday today, time off is nice but it dont pay the bills.

I asked if i could do a short run in the mean time so ive been sorted out with a run across into Vancouver and a load back to Calgary, that should keep me busy for the next week or so and give me a chance to run 2148 up and down the "Coke".

It looks like we have been accepted onto the PNP program, cant remember if i already told you that but anyway thats stage one out of the way.

Tonight we are just relaxing and watching a bit of TV, went to see another house today and it was very nice, pretty reasonably priced too.
Some puppies never grow up.

6 comments:

  1. Hey there,

    This is a bit obscure...
    Am an Australian writer (check out my blog www.markmordue.com) researching truckers in Canada for a novel I'm working on.
    I especially need to know two things:
    1) a list of canadain truckie slang, words, langauge (and their meaning!)
    2) details on how to handle big truck rigs in icy and snowy weather, especially in mountainous roads whch get a bit curvy (someone might have a story or two?).
    I hoped you might be able to drop me an email and point me in right direction? Or someone you know can help? If not sorry to clog up your blog with an obscure request for help!
    markmordue@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lyndon,can you recomend a couple of atlas thingys, both for the US and Canada? On bto there was a lot of talk about tom toms, there fine but an atlas or two on board helps,
    cheers
    steve the ROOSTER

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just been running around the mid-west this week. went to oklahoma and kansas. came back and went to minneapolis and for friday i'm going to kansas city. But next week i'm going to be working local in Chicago filling in for someone on vacation. we have a whse in Elk Grove Village which is on the west side of Ohare airport so if your in the area and need a place to park let me know.I'll be staying in a hotel, yahoo... actually get there on sunday and probably get kicked out on wed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim, my plans keep changing, dont worry im not trying to avoid you.

    8¬)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mark

    will do but please bear with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steve

    Yes and just one.........

    Rand McNally Motor Carriers Atlas delux edition.

    Priced at $70 but pick up last years at selected truckstops now for $20.

    ReplyDelete