Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I got me a new co-driver

My son Luke's just turned 14 so now he can come out with me in the truck. He's also got next week off school so he's coming out on the next trip.

He is so excited about it and i have to admit i am too, i spoke to H&R last week and they have sorted us out with a nice interesting trip down to the Mexican border so im sure he will have a great time.

We are leaving Saturday, looks like we have to go to the meat plant first to collect the trailer then its straight south.

The route will take us thru the border at Sweetgrass then Great Falls, Butte, Pocatello, Salt Lake City,Mesquite, Virgin River Gorge, Las Vegas, Los Angeles then down to San Diego.

How many Dads can do that for their kids, just take them swanning all over America, one little phraise ( a favourite of mine) springs to mind.

Livin' The Dream.

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy that time together. I got to take my son to Otay Mesa which is right on the border and we got some pictures from the mexican side without actually having to cross the border. Will he be more taken with the palm trees or the joshua trees? I expect to see some action shots from Whiskey Pete's coaster and at least one trip to Jack in the Box.i'm going to Phoenix and southern California myself next week. i will be in L.A. on tuesday. see yaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey jim

    Thats excactly where were going !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats pretty cool, he definitely will get to see what its like on the road, going all the way to the other border.

    I propose he write all your journal entries for the duration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have 2 drops in phoenix monday and then i will be heading over to ontario,ca to camp out monday evening. 5 drops tuesday from ontario to vernon. montedarlo has my number if your in the area or e-mail me for it. i should be heading up toward bakersfield or salinas a=tuesday night but it's hard to say, sometimes i have more pick ups than deliveries out there. and don't forgey the worlds biggest themometer in baker. the starbucks has truck parking on the cul de sac right in front anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jim

    I was lookin at Baker this morning and couldnt remember why the name stuck out.

    Ha worlds biggest thermometer.

    I will be in the area Monday night / Tuesday and then again wed pm hopefully. i'll email you my cell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you'll need plenty of vasaline to take ya temp.....???????
    But if ya bum fits !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi graham

    yep and proberbly a run up to get a bit of momentum.....

    ReplyDelete