Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Minneapolis & Mason City

Semi Rollover

Now thats how to spend a weekend


What do you do if your garden is a mess, thats right sod it !!!

Okay, after meeting the boss, washing the truck and grabbing the paperwork it was a quick trip up to Calgary, via High River with an empty, collected my load and headed out east. It took me a day and a half to get to the border at Pembina (South of Winterypeg) and another day to get down to Fridley and tip the first load, then a few hours down to Mason City.


I phoned up to see if there was a backload for me and apparently there was nothing happening so i scooted up to this TA and thats where i am now. I was supposed to meet up with Kev & Lisa but that isnt going to happen now as they hit some really bad weather in North Dakota and have shut down in Fargo for the night.


Ive grabbed a shower, some mini pizzas and pulled the curtains for the night, m not going to bother setting the alarm, ill just flick the ignition when i wake up and see whats going on on the macro.


The only bit of excitement coming down here was just outside Brandon MB where there was a roll over. I was tempted to pull over and make sure it had been dealt with but there was nowhere to safely stop so i called 911 and spoke to the RCMP in Brandon, they said it happened 24 hours ago and had been dealt with so i carried on safe in the knowledge that i had made sure no-one was left in there.


Those of you that know me personally may know that a couple of years ago when i was driving for Wincanton and doing a dedicated run from Gloucester to Shrewsbury, i came across a car in a field on its roof, it was dark and the car had no lights on so it looked as though it had already been dealt with.


I dont know what made me stop, mabe it was instinct but i pulled over and walked across the field. Even my years in the military couldnt have prepaired me for what i found but even so i am still glad that i stopped. The driver had died on impact some hours before so there was nothing i could do except wait for the emergency services to arrive, but at least i was there.


Thats why i never ignore a vehicle in a ditch, i always check it out myself or call the emergency services to make sure its been dealt with.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lyndon.

    The same happend to me in the uk,not a nice sight.

    Blogg fantastic keep it going.

    Take care,and happy trucking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brummie,

    Stop the nice talk, im sure it was you're bloody wincanton truck that held up my megaspace on the m5 all those month's ago.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete