Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Divin' Around In LA






Okay where did we leave off…………………………………………

Lyndon, our intrepid Freightliner Pilot had landed in Castaic, California. A high falutin' rootin' tootin' son of a gun type of town, where the men are men, and the steers are worried. The young ladies chew gum and the older ladies chew 'baccy. You get the picture right?

Lyndon's bought his parking ticket from the lady with the huge jugs, oh sorry I think they are called pitchers over here, anyway she put them down and came over to serve me.

Once I had made sure the truck was secure I decided to take a little wander round town to see what was there. There was a bit of a mall where you could buy Chinese food, get a massage??? Or learn Karate, now that would be an interesting evening, not sure which order though.

I decided against any of that and noticed a Taco Van parked over yonder, ah thinks I, fooooddddd !!!

I placed my order in my best Spanish (with a hint of Brummie)


"4 Tacos please", says I.
"What sort of tacos would you like", says
he
"Pollo", says I (smugly, in my best Spanish)
"Errrr, did you mean
chicken", says he
"Um, yes please" I reply rather embarrassed.
"Everything
on it", he asks evilly.
"Err, yes I think so" I reply naively.

At this point he grins at his buddy and they say a sentence that involves the word "Inglese"

3 of the tacos I had on a plate with lime and a radish, the other one I had loose so I ate it there on the spot, grinned at the seller and with a face full of chicken taco, raw onion, relish, pepper, fresh parsley and some sort of hot stuff I gave him the thumbs up, he seemed impressed.

Anyway I went back to the truck, ate the rest of my supper, did some work on the computer and went to bed.

Next morning I headed into Los Angeles ( 05:00) and pulled up at the gate of my first delivery, unfortunately there was no-one there so it took a couple of phone calls a small Chinese guy came out and put his hand thru the gate for the paperwork. He took the paperwork, smiled and shuffled off back into the building without letting me in…………. Oh dear!!!

10 minutes later he comes out again and asks me why I am still standing there, at least that's what I think he said. I pointed to the gate and to the big padlock, he nodded, smiled and opened the gate for me, I backed in, unloaded and shut the doors, job done.

The next delivery was only 10 minutes away so that was easy enough and after a 30 minute wait I was on the door again and being emptied.

I had still not received a back load yet so I sent another macro and scooted round the Blue Beacon, by the time id had my back end scrubbed out, the job was thru, I was collecting cooking oil out of the south of the City and taking it straight up the Interstate 5 up into Vancouver.
Oh yes and my air conditioner has decided to pack up, oh joy of joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment