Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Friday, February 22, 2008

H&R Drivers - Wayne Read





There I was sat at the Delta Yard doing my paperwork and a truck pulls up next to me, the driver jumps out and says "Hey, you're Lyndon".

And that dear readers is how I met my new buddy Wayne.

Anyway we had a great chat about the usual trucker stuff and went to grab some breakfast at Tim's. It turns out we were both waiting for loads to get us back to Lethbridge.

He told me that some of his mates back in UK read the blog regularly so I thought it would be nice to take a couple of photos and put them up on the blog.

Anyway here's a bit about Wayne………………………………..

Wayne comes from Warrington and its his second time over here, he was up in Edmonton a few years ago working for Westcan driving the "Wiggle Wagons".

Wayne also mentioned Steve Whittaker and the job he does at H&R which I had never really thought about, suppose we all take him a bit "For granted" . Now I'm not really sure what Steve's role would be called at H&R, but he is he person who looks after the Brit and European drivers. Despite the common language and all being truckers, there is still a difference between the Canadian drivers and those that originate from overseas, we have different ways of doing things so we have to learn new skills. Both Wayne and I agree that companies over here do need a good "Go Between" because the average European driver does feel a little neglected and overwhelmed if he is just thrown into the driver pool and have to learn "The North American Method" the hard way. Maybe if Westcan or other companies had a go-between it might make it easier for drivers coming over here.

So after a brief spell back in UK it was back out here to good old Sunny, snowy, hot and cold Canada and he joined The Big Red Team, training at the same time as Kev Gray (Kev & Lisa's Trucking Life) and now drives 3148.

Wayne's views on H&R and driving in North America and pretty similar to my own, H&R equipment is good, the job is good, the pay is always there and its great fun. He's just got his load of paper which is a very light load so he should fly up that mountain, I'm not so lucky I got a heavy load of pop and my trailer isn't ready yet so I doubt very much if I will catch him up.

Anyway safe journeys Wayne and see you soon buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment