Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Tacoma, Yakima then Wenatchee





Yes they took the load and my slow shitty trip is turning into a busy, well paying trip as usual, this is why I never complain about where I get sent. I have always had this attitude to driving, I never worry about what job I get or where I go, I just take what im given and it always turns out okay.

So, I finished off at Tacoma and got told to head East on I-90, and an assignment will be sent to me enroute. I tried to refuel at the Flying J there but the queues were too long so I headed east for Ellensburg. About 30 minutes from Ellensburg the magic talking brick (satellite computer) beeped and my next jobs were thru and this is what they were….


Pick up apples at Yakima
Pick up apples and pears at Wenatchee
Pick up
more apples on the other side of Wenatchee.
Cross into Canada at
Kingsgate.
Deliver to Versa cold in Calgary or leave at H&R yard.
Pick up trl at H&R yard
Cross into USA at Portal
Deliver to Butler in Milwaukee on March 3rd

So far have collected at Yakima and I am sat outside collection number 2, they don’t open till 07:30 so I am camped along the side of their warehouse, its just gone midnight (Alberta time) and I'm going to get a couple of hours sleep. That’s the good thing about having a self sufficient truck, its like travelling round in an RV.

There is a street in Yakima called Nob Hill Boulevard, I think it deserved a few pics, just for the comedy value.

2 comments:

  1. Lyndon wheres Portal?

    I was following that route on google earth, but wasnt sure on portal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Curt

    its just below Estevan in Saskachewan, there are 2 towns, Portal is the American border crossing and North Portal is the Canadian.

    ReplyDelete