Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Friday, February 29, 2008

The Dirtier Side Of Trucking





Now this is one of my pet hates in this industry, more so in UK, it doesn’t seem to be so much of a problem over here. Its been mentioned on other trucking blogs and websites, I have heard people moaning about it but I have yet to hear of anyone coming up with a solution.

What I am talking about it jumping out of your truck, while parked at truck stops and urinating (or worse) just outside the door, it is a filthy habit, unsociable and unhealthy. The crazy thing is, it happens when there are proper bathrooms just a few hundred yards away.

Even animals don’t piss where they sleep, these drivers must realise that these parking spaces are used 24-7 and they only get washed when it rains.

One particular service station springs to mind and that’s (bloody hell I cant remember the name now) In north Birmingham, I used to do trailer swaps there and I absolutely dreaded it, the smell was enough to make you gag.

Well I saw a sign this morning where I parked up and what a fantastic idea, fine violators, and perhaps use the money to improve the standard of services over there, perhaps the money could be used to install porta-loos where there are no facilities.

I do know that there are a few influential people in certain trucking magazines who read this blog, what a great idea for a story, it wouldn’t be easy as I guess bye-laws would have to be altered but if signs like this went up in UK then it would be just another step towards making Britain a nicer place to live and work.

2 comments:

  1. The service station is Hilton Park that you are referring to, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep thats the one, its the fastest trl swap ive ever done.

    ReplyDelete