Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Back to the Bronx





Okay heres the update, my truck is still on the SL&L list (sick lame and lazy) and we are waiting for parts i beleive, either way its sat round the other side of the estate been pampered by the good people of Freightliner.

Ive got my dispatch and ive accepted it (via phone) and it doesnt deliver till the middle of next week so there is no rush to get my ass in gear. Thanks to Jan working now this isnt a major issue and its really made a difference.

When we first came over Jan wasnt allowed to work because of the immigration system we were using. This made things awkward if i wanted to have a few days off because it meant no money was coming in, this mean the pressure was always on me and i always had to ballance between what wanted, and what had to be done. Weeks like this would be a nightmare coz it can mean missing either 1 pay check or sometimes even 2.

Well now life is a lot less stressful although we do miss the time together when i am back at home, still life is life i guess, no matter where you are. Also Jan feels even more settled here now as she is out and about and interacting in the community.

So its back to the "Dirty Side". Not sure how many drops, but one thing is for sure, im going into the Bronx, thats in New York for those of you who may be a little geographically challenged. Most of my runs now seem to be sending me either into the Mid West or through the Mid West, i dont really mind as i like those types of runs, it keeps me out of the way.

I would say though that this will probably be my last but one run before Xmas, by the time i get back i should be able to squeeze a California in and then it will be the holidays, hurrah !!!

By the way has anyone noticed how mild the weather is this year, hope i havent jinxed it now !!

5 comments:

  1. The weather has been pretty mild so far; however I have been in some awfull lake effect snows already in Indiana and Ohio. Just depends on the wind and temperature I suppose. I am leaving Sunday for a Monday morning drop near Akron,OH. Let me know if your about, maybe I can buy you that lunch I owe you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim

    im leaving tonight (Fri), i got a del in Philly on 3rd then Hunts Point on 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello buddy
    you forgot to say Jan gets the wood as well lol. I am sat here eating a lasagna that I just nuked in the microwave well it does say lasagna on the packet but trust me it didn't look or taste like a lasagna. I had a very nice salad in the flying J if I can't get to a flying J I will just have to nuke more in the microwave. chat soon mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mild?? Weird is more like it... 15 degrees in Georgia while 45 in New England....4-12" of snow in October, depending on which route you were on in PA at the time...More snow in Tennessee, while very mild in Massachusetts.. I think Mother Nature is confused...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terry

    I know what you mean, this is only my second winter here but i was looking back thru last years logbooks to see what i was up to then.

    I was hoping to see New England in winter this time but it looks like im heading back west across new york state and crossing at niagra.

    Still its better than the weather in UK. Winter is coldish and wet, summer is warmish and wet.

    ReplyDelete