Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Canadian Cell Phones 10-4



I am going to expand on this article about Canadian cell phones and their use both in Cananda and the States as it is not as straight forward as back in the UK and can work out quite expensive if you learn by trial and error.

Please remember as always i am not an expert but i will share what have found out and i hope it will be a usefull guideline.

I need to get back to my truck shortly so i will finish this article over the next cople of days.

5 comments:

  1. I use Verizon in the U.S. Rate for 1350 minutes per month is $79.99 before a 17% discount I get through my employer. Nights afyer 9pm are free and all day Satyrday and Sunday. I can add Canada to that plan for $20 more a month. I just checked the international rates and calls to the UK landline are .09 cpm with a $3.99 monthly fee. .39 cpm to a mobile number.Y ou spend so much time in the States I would hope you could get a good deal on calls home. Back in the day we truckers all had 800#'s to the house (toll fee) before the payphones started charging those calls too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds goodbut i would only be better off if i called a lot of american numbers.

    Most of my calls are to brokers from the states to canada and i talk to my wife and friends on 10-4.

    great idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are you wearing a hat and beard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use Sprint. 2100 minutes per month, with unlimited calls to other sprint phones (ie. doesn't count against the arranged minutes)for $120 US. We added Canada calling for $6 US a month. Hubby has been doing a lot of runs to Ontario, and the QualCom is "broken" in his truck so dispatch was having a fit trying to contact him.

    ReplyDelete