Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Driving In The Snow

I was asked to show some footage of snow driving, trouble is i was just learning how to use the camera and i made the movie file too big. Here is one i took in BC just after Christmas when i was multidropping.

The story is ..............................

Got a message over the CB that there was a fender bender up ahead, a couple of SUV's had decided to swap a bit of paint.

Notice as i get clear of the accident the camera pans left, that was my drives spinning out and the cab slewed left. I was able to recover for 3 reasons, my cruise was off, my jake was off, my road speed was correct for the road conditions, and i didnt panic.

2 comments:

  1. You can't tell me all those people were involved? At least they stop if your in trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one was worse than i showed on the footage (purposely) there were people trapped in a car and some of the people there were helping them, covering them with blankets and tending to injuries. Obviously i didnt film that.

    I think there was a group of cars travelling together on a snowmobile trip as they would all pull over anyway.

    ReplyDelete