Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Get me back to Alberta

Cold & Snowy in Ontario


Nutter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Snows eye view of a plough


Cold and snowy again


Ice on the inside


Woke up to the beep of the sattelite, i got a job to get me back home (well Edmonton anyway)..........great.

Its a Campbells LTL (Less than a truck load) ((multidrop))..........shit 'n' flippin' bugger it.

Everytime i get one of those it always way over weight on the drives, o well might be lucky this time...................

Backed under it, my suspension guage spun round to 90 psi and 3045 blew a little smoke out of her tail pipe again. I phoned in and told my dispatcher who told me to go and scale out any way.

Anyway i was 40,000 lbs (way over) on the drives with the trailer wheels squeezed right up wasnt good news but it was expected news so i took it back round to the yard to be re worked.

An hour later i was on my merry little way and did a 4 hour drive to North Bay where i pulled the curtains and went back to sleep.

Woke up next morning and drove to Nipigon, pulled the curtains and went to sleep.

Woke up next morning and my nose and ears were numb, a plastic container had fallen in front of my night heater intake and caused it to switch off during the night. I woke up, pulled the quilt over my head and went back to sleep...............

When i eventually got up the cab was freezing (literally) check out the pic of my drivers door window, that is ice on the inside.

Anyway, i fuelled up and got underway and am now at Headingly Flying J, dunno what the temperature is but my night heater cant keep up so it must be cold, i jumped out of the cab earlier and the cold makes your eyes water then freezes your tears, for that reason i have decided against running round the truck park naked, not tonight anyway.

Well thats it were all up to date, my plan for tomorrow is to get to Saskatoon and the next day into Edmonton for a load back down to the 'Bridge and a few days off.

Till next time.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment