Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Dayz in Milwaukee










Okay where were we, oh yes now I remember, after being stuck at the border for 48 hours because of the meat inspection being closed. We got inspected, had a phone call from Graham saying he was coming up from Fargo and we met up at a truck stop in the middle of no-where, I bought breakfast and we ate it on the back of his trailer, I think that just about sums it up.

So I said farewell to my old pal and he headed off north into Canada and I headed south into America, he did warn me of really bad road conditions down here but it must have cleared up a bit. Anyway, off I went down towards Fargo where I fuelled up, grabbed a shower and headed off into the night to see how far I could get in the time I had left.

I was getting pretty close to Minneapolis and had abut an hour left so I pulled into a rest stop, it was chocked full so I pulled back onto the highway and trudged the 30 miles or so to the next one, that one was full too, bugger!

Third time lucky and I had about 20 minutes driving time left, there was just one parking place so 3045 and I claimed in the name of H&R Transport. That’s where we spent last night and it was nice and quiet (apart from my reefer, sorry everybody) so I got a good night's sleep.

Woke up this morning nice and refreshed and drove down to Black River Falls WI where 3045 and the reefer got a well earned drink and I got 2 hot dogs (1 polish & 1 Italian) and a cheeseburger. After a quick update on the old bloggerooni we were underway again and a few short hours later we were sat outside the gatehouse at Cargill's in Butler, by the way Butler is one of the suburbs of Milwaukee in Wisconsin, for those of you who didn’t know, that is where Arthur Fonzerelli used to kick around all those years ago.

Ha ha, okay you lot out there in blogger land, how many of you (of my sort of age) when you were kids used to walk around sticking your thumbs in the air and going "Heyyyyyyyyyyy" and thought you were really cool.

Next Question, how many of you still do it, LOL.

Wow those were the days weren't they, you would glide passed a group of girls in the street on your wooden skateboard that you got by saving green-shield stamps, do a really neat trick without ending up on your ass then stick your thumbs up and go "Heyyyyyyyyy".

Life was so simple then…………………………………...

2 comments:

  1. LOL, those were the good ole days.

    How I miss Jonie and Chachi, and all those hilarious hijinks Ralph and Potsi would get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true anon, very true.........

    The days of Hartley Hare and the Pogles, marine boy chewing his aqua gum and international rescue making sure we were all safe.

    The Herb garden was policed by a very friendly lion called Parsley and entertainment provided by Dill the dog.

    Incidently, any ideas what Dill was short for?????

    ReplyDelete