Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Memories of Pitter Patter


Wow i had a fantastic nights sleep last night. It was absolutely throwing down with rain last night and i could hear it on the cab.

When i was a child we used to go caravanning all round UK and one of my fondest memories was of sleeping to the noise of the rain landing on the tin shell of the van. I used to fight to stay awake just so i could listen to it, unfortunately this struggle would only last for about 2 minutes then the next thing i knew it would be morning again and everything was fresh, you could smell the grass and the trees. You could hear the birds singing and the chink of a metal spoon on the side of a cup that told you that mom had just made some tea.

Damn, that memory just cuts through time, it reaches out through the years of driving, serving my country, meeting my wife, being a father myself and takes me right back to that old battered little white caravan that we used to drag around behind a Ford Zephyr, a Sunbeam Rapier or what ever car we had at the time.

sorry, words escape me ..................................................

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lyndon,

    You are getting all soft in your old age mate!!He,he...

    I see your spelling has started to become "Americanised" already!!

    Some things do remind you of your past that's for sure. I always remember nicking some money from a guys winnings on a fruit machine when I was a kid on holiday. I put the 10p into another machine and won the jackpot, my dad gave me a right going over for that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it must be senility setting in.

    ReplyDelete