Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Washed Out In Washington






Woke up this morning at Ernie's Truck Stop in Moses Lakes to a very wet and miserable Thursday 13th, last night i sent a message saying i was going into the delivery at 07:00 unless told otherwize. I did my pre trip inspection, did my paperwork, sent my morning macros, had a wash, drunk a tin of milkshake then stared at the computer screen in disbelief. My new appointment was 14:00 local (15:00 Albera time).

Buggershitbuggershitbuggeryshit & shittybugger, that had just screwed my day up completely so i kicked off my sneakers, climbed on the bed and pulled the sleeping bag over me. Just as i was dozing off (2 mins) i heared a faint beep so i pulled the satellite over so i could read it without putting my glasses on, the message said.

"oops sorry that was the Vancouver, del asap and get to Vancouver"

Well that was good enough for me, i kicked off the sleeping bag, pulled on the sneakers, gunned the mighty detroit and screamed off the truck lot and into the delivery yard which was 10 mins away.

Once there i got tipped within the hour and headed west to Vancouver. I got into the next delivery, backed on the door, the 1 skid came off, doors were slammed shut then it was back round to he TA in Troutdale to fuel up then a quick hop next door into the Flying J to claim the last parking space again in the name of the "Big Red Team".

My paperwork is done ready for tomorrow.

Im showered and scrubbed all my important little places.

Stuck the disoseable bathmat on the mirror so i could photograph it for you.

Cleaned the mirror after said bathmat stuck to the mirror.

I havent eaten yet but i have got $16 worth of J vouchers so double steak and eggs might just be in the offing tonight.

Ive alredy got my next job which is collecting for Sobeys across the other side of Portland and im taking that up to Edmonton where i am planning to try and get a load back to Lethbridge, reset and straight back into the States.

As usual we will see....................................................

3 comments:

  1. He He...I just wonder what sort of perv takes a camera with him in the shower ?????????????????
    Oh for i forget send copies of those pics of us ,forgot to ask last week on the web cam....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of perv !!!!!!!!!!!

    haha

    You should know by now i take it everywhere............

    Thats why i got one with a panoramic function.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyndon, sorry for spoiling your plans. guess its all gone a bit wrong.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete