Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Windy, Starchy and Overweight (and no thats not me)

It turns out that its not potatoes at all but potato starch, 24 of them in big rubble sacks sat on skids, and what a balls up. I went under the trailer and my pressure guages didnt move which tells me i am empty. Thats not a good start as it was supposed to be ready for me to go, so i pulled forward, opened the doors and peeked inside, i could see all the way to the front of the trailer and that wasnt good either as that is another sign you are empty.

Well i took the trailer round to the customer and went to book in. The forkie said stick her on the bay, ill load yer up then we can weigh you off and get your paperwork. I noticed as he was loading them up that some were fuller than others so i asked him if he was sure that i shouldnt have tared off first (weighed empty). He said "No" so i sat on a pile of skids and waited patiently.

When he had finished he went off to get the paperwork, 5 minutes later he came back and told me that he had to unload me, tare the vehicle, load me back up, weigh again then work out how much starch we had on.

Okay i said and went back to the cab to make popcorn..................

An hour later when we were unloaded, tared, reloaded, weighed and secured i went over to get my notes myself, only to be told that they would be ready in 15 mins so i scooted round to the scale, scaled off properely and returned to find the place locked up and in darkness.

Oh sugar !!! i thought, note to self, scale off later next time.

Anyway it turns out hat the office staff had passed the paperwork over to the night team so i got it off them.

I will be driving ino Washington with a tridem on a 12 foot spread and the axle weight and length rules are a nightmare to understand and i couldnt work out if i was legal or not. I grabbed my red book and all the information i could muster and dragged it all up to the office and laid it all out in front of the Chief Dispatcher.

I looked at it....................

He looked at it..................

We both looked at it............

And both came to the same conclusion.................

Its jibberish !!!

One sheet said i was good and the other one said i wasnt, the woman at the factory said it was a standard load, and the Cheif Dispatcher said 4 of these go out every week and its standard load, and even the forkie said it was a standard load. Lets dicount the forkie though, remember the taring off fiasco.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment