Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Javier Encinas - A Spanish view on Immigration






Javi is a Spanish truck driver who presently works in Ontario, he used to have his own truck an worked out of Barcelona until he discovered the "Great White North". He did what most of us did, sold up and shipped out.

Excuse my poor memory Javi but when we met up at customs i had just woken up and the old brain wasnt firing on all three cylinders (or should that be four). I know you said you came over last year but i cant remember when, by my very rough calculations it must have been about October, im sure you will correct me if im wrong.

We used to correspond by email last year when he was thinking of coming over here so i hope i was of some help. Thats all water under the bridge now and it looks as though he and his wife have settled in nicely now.

By the way our meeting was completely by chance, John (my co-driver) and i had got into the customs complex in the early hours on the "Off Chance" that we could resolve certain customs problems we were having then press on into Mississauga.

Well it wasnt to be so we parked up for 4 hours and got some sleep without the engine running (bliss). Next morning i left John to do the pretrip and paperwork and i was going to toddle off to the customs broker and see if we could sort this mess out.

As i jumped out of the cab and spun round there was this happy smiling face grinning at me, and that was Javi. Apparently he also pulled in with customs problems, recognised 3045 and parked next to us, i asked him why he wasnt banging on the door to say hello and he said he didnt want to wake me up, What a gentleman, LOL !!!!!!

Now Javi has also been running a blog site for some time now, check it out here.


Thanks Javi, you never sent me the link, i had to google it, got it now though.

Anyway it was great to finally meet you and i got your email buddy, you'll get my reply in the next couple of days as i want to ponder it a little before i send.

Safe Journeys and stay in touch.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lyndon,

    Was that Javi's truck in the pictures? Is he based in Kitchener, Ontario?? If so, does that mean he hasn't gone down the PNP route?

    I am interested as we looked at Ontario (Erb Transport) but The 'no PNP' kind of put us off.

    I'm just off to check his blog . . . . . . .

    Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martin

    Yep that was Javi's truck and yes he's based in Kitchener.

    Im really not sure on Ontario although i know they dont do the PNP, personally i think it would be harder to immigrate there but i have no real knowledge, why dont you introduce yourself on his blog and ask him directly, im sure he would love to hear from you.

    Hope that helps

    Lyndon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha...it´s true!!,finally I didn´t send you the link!!,sorry,Lyndon,I wrote you in my day off,after a sofa sleeping nap,you know...

    Martin,send me a mail or comment to my blog if you one,even I have a friend working in Erb,so don´t hesitate to ask anything.

    Javi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats okay javi i found it okay anyway, looks like your our Ontario contact LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool site, I had not come across lyndon001.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
    Continue the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete