Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hello To Everybody at Wincanton

There i was, minding my own business, sat in the TA somewhere in New York State when the computer flashes, beeps and a name comes up from the not so distant past. It was Jamie who works (sorry i use that term very loosely) behind the counter, booking us drivers in and out and recording the tachograph information. Basically trying to look busy all day i guess.

Anway i read the message and what was even better was the fact that he was on MSN so we had a great chat, usual stuff, everything and nothing. Jamie it was great to hear from you again and i hope everything is going great for you both at work and at home, by the way do you still live in Wales...............................

I said this earlier on in the Blog but i will say it again, i loved working for Wincanton in Gloucester, thats the reason i gave up the agency work and decided to get a real job, the work was easy, the drivers easy to get on with and the office staff friendly, helpful and great to work with. I even include the people i had "little quarrels" with from time to time, heck thats what our industry is all about isnt it?

I have started to get the odd email from people there, or should i say i get emails from the odd people there (haha sorry Dougie i just couldnt resist that one, an email is on its way to you buddy and how can i pay you for the coffee i owe you, do you accept traveler's checks. I was asked at immigration about that when i left UK but i lied and told them i had bought you one back so they let me out, i guess i could apply for diplomatic immunity now)

Somebody told me that Ian Cheape has had a little browse of the old blog too. hi Ian if your out there, hows it going bud, had any more vacations to Warsaw ?????

Okay,who else have i spoken to, Tony Beales, how are you matey, havent heared from you for a little while, how about getting off your ass and dropping me line, I phoned Kev Driscoll up a few weeks ago, sorry if i woke you up mate, time zones and all that.

Hi Ash, i know you read his so there you go theres a mention for ya, its about ime you dropped me a line too, haha.

Jon & Nick where are yoouuuuuuuuu !!!!!!
You left a couple of comments and an email then disapeared into the ether again, let me know when you are over (if thats still the plan) ithink you got my contact numbers but if you need them just drop me a line.

Anyone know where that old Scallywag Fred Bennet is these days, it would be great to hear from him again. As a matter of fact it would be great if anyone reading this who does know or remember me would just leave a comment to say hello.

Anyway this is Lyndon from Canada signing off, safe Journeys everyone......................

4 comments:

  1. cheers for that, i am just waiting for h&r to get back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyndon! How's it going? Scott Sanderson here, from Wincanton. I was just doing a random search, looking for something else when you're name popped up. Great picture. Is it what you'd expected, and how long are you away before you get back home to see your family? I belive Ash won't be joining you. Anyway better go as 3 month old boy will probably have me up soon. Good luck and I'll keep an eye on this site to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scott

    Great to hear from you, hope you're still enjoying Wincanton. Shame about Ash, whats the score then, i havent spoken to him in ages.

    Yep, both Canada and the job are excactly what i expected and the way of life is way better. I am normally out from between 5 to 12 days and i have between 1 and a half to 5 days off, depending on what im doing.

    Its is fantastic !!!!!

    Lyndon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way congratulations on the little one !!!

    ReplyDelete