Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Cold rainy November day In Riverbank California








Cold and Rainy, yeah right.
All you people back in Europe look at this and drool hehe
This is where i delivered to today, Mid Valley Foods in Riverbank, yes Old Holburn thats River bank, not Riverside LOL.
Its the place Jack & I delivered to on my mentor trip and what a nice place it is too, the weater was nice and warm, just about shirt sleeve weather, last time i was here it was over 100 degrees frankenstein and when i jumped out of the cab the heat nearly knocked me over. I had a bit of a wait so i took a little walkabout, actually i was looking for a shop that sold burritos but couldnt find one. I found a butchers as you can see but they only sold raw meat and i wasnt that hungry.
So.............
The load got tipped and i macro'd in to find out which direction they wanted me to point 3045 in next. Well i wasnt expecting that. "Go south young man " was the order, bannanas out of Los Angeles.
Well that sounded good to me, totally screwed up this new shift thingy im on but what the heck its more miles and im collecting out of Port somewhere or other so that should be fun and i havent seen the Specific Ocean yet anyways.
I gunned the engine and the mighty Detroit Diesel engine roared and 3045 and i together charged down the Interstate to go get some bananas.
hehe did i really just write that, how embarrassing.
Anyway my mighty steed and i are 4 hours into our banana quest and we have stopped for a wash out, thats for 3045 not for me i hasten to add. It was into Blue Beacon Truck Wash and now we have a shiny clean trailer. Remember a shiny clean trailer is a happy trailer.
I have stopped at the Travel Centre Of America for tonight which leaves me 100 miles to do in the morning, pick up is at 10:00 Californian time (11:00 Alberta) so theres no rush, i would go in tonight but ive never been there before and i dont know what the parking is like, remember Salinas.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for blogging this. I was looking for some pictures of Riverbank,CA just wanting to see how the town is like but I couldn't find anywhere. But you got them. They're so nice! Thankssss :-) It's fun to read too.

    ReplyDelete