Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pit Stop at Lebec






Got into Wilmington,Los Angeles on time for the delivery (20 mins early actually) then sat on the bay for 7 hours. My next job was a trailer swap on Cherry Avenue with another one of our drivers, he got my empty 007 and i got a heavy load of cooking oil to take into Vancouver.

I connected up to the trailer and got a cuple of hours kip, then it was round to the CAT Scale to scale off and head north. Just one minor hiccup, my drives were overweight by 80 lbs so i squeezed up a little (1 notch) on the trailer group and now i am inside the weight by 180 lbs, that means no corndogs till Canada i s'pose.

Got stuck in the hellish LA morning rush hour but now i am out of town on Interstate 5 and thats the road i will be on for the next 2 days, no getting lost then.

Somebody tried to hustle me for a dollar the other day while i was in Las Vegas. It was dark and i was manoevering round the Flying J, this scruffy individual stepped out in front of me and lagged me down, when i stopped he tried to open my passenger door which i always keep locked anyway. When wouldnt open he came round he drivers side and asked me if i would jump out and help him with his trailer, when i asked him what he problem was he didnt seem sure, i said no, and wound the window up a little. He said okay and would i give him a dollar for the phone, this time the window went right up and i drove off, im sorry he might have been genuine but there was no way i was getting out of the cab to find out.

Only 30 mins earlier i was talking to he reefer fitter and he was saying how he has just moved here from San Fransisco and he is moving back because of all he crime.

Anyway thats all for now as i have to get moving again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lyndon. hope you are well. I have put a link from my blog to yours, I hope this is ok.If not let me know asap and I will take it off asap.
    Cheers, montedarlo (3929)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never say no to a bit of advertising, done the same for you too, hope you dont mind

    ReplyDelete