Remember folks the last post is at the top. To start at the beginning try looking HERE at the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Port Hueneme




















Woke up this morning and it was misty, proberbly coz i was in the mountains. I made my way down towards LA then swung left down the SR 126, what a fantastic road. It is basically a valley road that runs east to west and takes you from north of LA, right down to the coast. There are loads of fruit farms and everything is very hispanic.

I was collecting Bananas from Del Monte which is in the port complex. I went into the shipping office and asked if i could back onto a door.

And..............................
The man from Del Monte, he said "Yes". hehe.

Well it was an easy collection, scaled off round the corner an i will fax my paperwork over later.

While i was in the port i managed to get a picture of the Del Monte ship, just in case anyone was wandering what a banana boat really looked like. Also while i was there the food waggon and the owner ( who had ubelieveably shiny teeth)sold my some assorted burritos and a roll with an egg and some other stuff in it.

The other stuff was like sausage but only half cooked and very spicy, when i had ate it i thought "Oh Oh, im gonna get an icky tummy here" but i didnt, funny how you always think that after you eat something and not before. I am getting quite good at ordering mexican food, you just point and say"one of those please".


So, bananas loaded and weighed, it was back up the valley road and a back road of about 140 miles or so up to Barstow which is where i am now,

Ive had a hot free shower, stuffed myself silly at the buffet and now i am just letting my supper settle before i do some faxing.

Tomorrow i leave at the crack of sparrows, and its up thru Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana and back into Canada, isnt life nice when its simple.

2 comments:

  1. Hey lyndon, just been catching up on your blog news,pissed my self when i read about the snow chain escapade,i did tell you months ago practise in the yard,didn't i now. just got my internet today so ive catching up on the trucker forums too,you and martin Mods....??? Stop using dots as you gave ME a bollocking for doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe

    i remember you telling me, i dont intend using them too often

    ReplyDelete